error reports

tarmac 12:08 14 May 06

my pc keeps restarting regularly i am on xp after it has restarted a error report pops up. Here is what it looks like:-

Hardware failure: replace failed component

Thank you for submitting an error report.

Problem description

The error was caused by an unrecoverable hardware error which forced the operating system to stop functioning.

Although we know the problem is caused by a hardware component, unfortunately the error report does not contain enough information to tell us the specific component. More than likely the problem is being caused by problems with one or more of the following computer components:

Random Access Memory (RAM)
System board
Central Processing Unit (CPU)
Power supply

If you have received this error more than once, it could indicate a serious problem with your computer. We recommend that you do the following:

Back up your files to avoid data loss in case of a complete hardware failures.
Contact the original manufacturer of your computer or your local computer repair shop. Either will have advanced hardware diagnostics to determine the specific component which is failing.

How do we solve this problem, and is it serious enough to get an engineer in?

Totally-braindead 12:12 14 May 06

Does the error happen at the same time each time it fails or does it do it totally randomly? First thing to check is that all the fans are running in case its overheating.

tarmac 14:49 14 May 06

Cheers Totally-brainded for the prompt reply,
The answer to your first question is yes it does it randomly,
How do i find out if the fans are running?

tarmac 16:00 14 May 06

Hi again,

Further to my last posting i have now found this;
Error log
Error code 0000009c,
Parameter 100000000,
" 2 8054d370,
" 3 c4084000,
" 4 00000136.
Does anybody have any ideas as to what this means.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:10 14 May 06

click here

The Pentium and Pentium Pro processors provide a mechanism to detect and to report hardware-related problems such as memory parity errors and cache errors. To signal a hardware error, the processor signals the detection of a machine check error by generating a machine check exception (Interrupt 18). Windows NT simply reports the fact that the error occurred and displays parameters that you can use to decode the exception. Contact your hardware vendor or processor manufacturer for information regarding the Machine Check Architecture or consult the Intel Pentium Pro Family Developer's Manual - Volume 3: Operating System Writer's Manual.

Most likely and easiest to try is faulty memory stick, try memtest click here

tarmac 09:38 15 May 06

Cheers FruitBat,
I will try memtest an see what it comes up with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…