error reporting

LOL11152 11:15 17 May 04

I recently bought a new advent computer, which it his a powerful one which as a high rated component specification, I would like to know what is causing a problem in installing a game called space invaders which I get a error coming up just before it tells you that it has installation is compleded, the error reporting states that a DXmedia.exe has encounted a problem and need to close and ask if I want to report it to microsoft or not, but I have run the game and it seem to work alright, so can you tell me what is going on and what is causing this error and how to solve it.

spikeychris 13:05 17 May 04

Have you tried dxdiag from run? If no joy then browse the CD and double click DXmedia.exe, go to Windows updates and drag all the available updates down.

LOL11152 17:51 17 May 04

I have checked the dxdiag and it works alright and it is up to date, which I downloaded the new version at the end of march, and I only recently install the the game which is for windows XP, I notice that some other software came up with the error reporting which I count understand as if you ignore it it still works.
do you have any other suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…