Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…
When i start up my p.c ( dell dimension xp ), it loads up with 'we detected a problem ' screen, which gives me the 'safe mode', 'last known good configuration' etc etc.
Which ever command i use including 'safe mode' it just goes to a blue screen with ' a problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer'
Also gives technical information and a few error code numbers
***STOP 0x00000024 (0x0019023,0x873B84F0,0xc0000102,0x00000000)
I am unable to do anything at this point.
Any help much appreciated.
Could be a disk error try chkdsk /r a good guide is here
look at post 3
Repair XP by install over the top of existing system
1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:
To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.
To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.
To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.
DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).
4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.
6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.
Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.
Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.
Thanks for the help guys, i don't actually have a boot disc, but do have the 6 floppy's in work, so will try it tomorrow.
sorry for getting back late i have been on hoilday.
when i boot up using the 6 floppy discs as i have no c/d, it gives me the options stated above
'To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER'
as soon as i press 'enter', it asks me to insert 'windows xp home edition service pack 2 cd', which i dont have.
any help appreciated
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.