error p2esocks_1026.dll

only me 09:42 04 Feb 05

HI everyone i am sure i have had this problem before but cant find out how it was sorted? first, i have XP Home and after start up i get box on the screen with the above title and message " the specified module could not be found i click OK and it goes away? please could someone advise? thank you Don

ACOLYTE 11:06 04 Feb 05

After searching around the net i found a couple of instances of this error,and it seems it may be dialer related,if you run spybot or adaware and have removed any dialers or spyware then this is what the problem is the .dll file was leftover and is still running at start up looking for the dialer.

only me 10:25 05 Feb 05

Thank you! but how do i get rid of this, i have B/Band so dialers dont cost me, but it is a pain.Do i run adaware again? thanks Don

VoG II 10:28 05 Feb 05

Run Spybot click here

only me 10:35 05 Feb 05

Hi i am running spybot/search & destroy thank you how do i get that tm after your name

only me 08:58 07 Feb 05

Hi VOG,have run spybot plus adawear both said nothing found what do i do now?please try and help as it is annoying thank you

FelixTCat 09:03 07 Feb 05

It may be that an entry in the Registry is calling this file but it no longer exists on the computer. Use regedit to search for the string. Back up the Registry before you remove it (if you find it) or use a registry cleaner.

ACOLYTE 10:17 07 Feb 05

Have you checked in Msconfig and look for a line with error p2esocks_1026.dll in it if there is untick it and restart.click here

For a guide.

only me 08:49 08 Feb 05

thank you that did the trick cheers Don

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…