Error OX80040707

Umpire 15:40 31 Jan 05

I have just bought Starwars Battlefront for my son. I have tried loading it on my WXP SP2 and on W2k (about 7 times) but I keep getting a "wrong disk" error. When I cancell the error message I then get the "Error OX80040707" and the install fails.
I tried coppying the contents of disks 2 and 3 to the hard drive and installing from there. The installation apeared to complete. However, when I try to run the game, the computer then puts out a fatal error, locks and has to be re-booted.
Any help available?

helmetshine 16:43 31 Jan 05

Umpire

you could try this click here scroll about halfway down for Windows 2000 and XP instructions.Alternatively you could try this fix click here it's for a diiferent program(but same error message)and didn't work for everybody,might for you tho

TOPCAT® 16:54 31 Jan 05

Check the troubleshooting website first at click here for game requirements.

Check to be sure its entry is removed in Add/Remove programs before trying another install. Not clearing this entry will give the error. TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…