Error number: 0x800B0001 ???

phil-smith.tk 13:35 15 Aug 05

i get a Error number: 0x800B0001 when trying to sign in on msn explorer, explorer and trying to access microsoft updates via internet explorer

i also can't access hotmail or any other msn related sign in service via internet explorer (only via an-other browser such as firefox)

i believe internet explorer is the problem here but i'm unusure on how to fix this problem and microsoft are taking their time getting back to me on this issue

many thanks

phil

recap 13:48 15 Aug 05

click here;en-us;813442

recap 13:51 15 Aug 05

Sorry about the over lap with the click here. If you copy and paste 813442 in to click here , entering the word 'Article' before the number, the article will load.

phil-smith.tk 14:28 15 Aug 05

Cheers :)

all is now good except from msn explorer

after going through comand prompt and running all those commands all was good then i tryed to sign in on msn explorer and it wanted to update... ilet it update and now i'm back to square one in msn explorer but like i said the rest is now fine :)

phil-smith.tk 21:04 17 Aug 05

*bump*

still got the problem with msn explorer (any ideas?)

Completealias 22:24 17 Aug 05

If all was fine before the update this is probably what has caused the problem can you uninstall the update?

phil-smith.tk 23:30 17 Aug 05

nope, msn explorer is classed as a windows component so the only way to uninstall the update would be to uninstall msn explorer as a whole

it just says 'signing in....' for ages (hours if i let it)
it's fully allowed on all ports on the firewall so its not a firewall problem :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…