Error Number 0x800A138F

smegs 17:54 22 Aug 03

I have just noticed that when I scan 4 Updates, I gate another page come up saying, "Can't up date Error Number as above". I have only had this problem since installing the Blaster Worm Patch. I've Bn on the Windows Help & support site & tried everything they say, but nothing has worked. Has anybody got any idea please? Thanks, Shaun.

smegs 18:03 22 Aug 03

Sorry, I'm running Xp home.

krypt1c 19:12 22 Aug 03

From a search on google it appears to be related to windows update. Suggest you go through the links on google and see if they hekp. I used
window xp 0x800A138F as the search criteria

mark500 19:33 22 Aug 03

click here Go here. Halfway down the page it shows your problem. It seems to refer to Win2000 SP3 though.

smegs 00:08 23 Aug 03

ThankU for Ur help. I have followed both Ur suggestions, but they still don't work. On the page that Seekit said, it tells U to delete the files of "Program Files\Windowsupdate and Program Files\Windowsupdate\V4 except for the iuhist.xml file located in Program Files\Windowsupdate\V4." I've scanned my pc 4 IUHIST.XML & I can't find it anywhere. Could this B the reason I can't use windows update?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…