Error - No devices found

Strathardle 09:14 30 Oct 04

Have just installed Plextor PX-712A DVD-RW unit. Installed accompanying Studio 9 software.
Whenever I log on an error box appears on my Windows XP desktop as folllows: "This software could not detect any devices. They may be not be installed, not installed correctly or not working due to failure of the hardware. Also please see you have admin rights ....." etc.
I'm using Windows XP but my hard drive designation is E and not C. This happened when I installed Windows XP Home, by default probably because at the time of installation I had ZIP drive already connected (this took the C drive designation).
The Plextor appears to be working ok - I played from it and written on it with no problem. Has anyone any ideas why this is happening please?

Thanks.

MichelleC 11:07 30 Oct 04

Maybe changing internal hd (system drive) to 'c' would cure: disconnect ext hd, then admin tools/computer management/disc management and right-click drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…