error MFC42.DLL

Macnut 19:04 02 May 04

When I use Serif Photoplus 8 I kep getting the error message error MFC42.DLL. Any advice???

Graham ® 19:14 02 May 04

This may be a short term memory problem.

Wes Tam ;-) 19:16 02 May 04

You can download the file from click here

woodchip 19:18 02 May 04

You have got to be running ether 95 or 98.... It's what is called DLL Hell MFC42.DLL is changed by just about every program you load. Try this Put your Win98se disc in comp and stop it loading i.e. turn the screen of when it starts or hold the shift key until the CD light as stopped flashing. Now go to Start\Run and type SFC press enter and in the Extract one file box Type MFC42.DLL it should find the CD if not you need to brows to the Win98 folder on the CD it should put the file in C:\Windows\System folder it will ask you if you want to overwrite click yes. Now try your comp

woodchip 19:20 02 May 04

PS the file will be on the Serif CD also you can put that one in the Serif Programs Folder as it may be a different version. It should stop the Error if you do both the above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…