error messsage don't make sense

mazyman 22:06 20 Jan 03
  mazyman 22:06 20 Jan 03

In my error log in XP pro. I get a crypt32. failed extract of third party root list from auto update cab at:with error: Ox800b0101. According to the log I get this error two or three times per session. Does anyone out there know what this means?

instant^mash 00:29 21 Jan 03

Have you noticed any impact on your performence?

Forum Editor 00:35 21 Jan 03

on your computer set correctly?

There have been reports of this error occurring when the date has inadvertantly been wrongly set.

DieSse 00:38 21 Jan 03

It think it means that a downloaded auto update file could not be successfully extracted - presumably the download was corrupt.

I suggest you try going to the Windows update page, and try to redownload and install any outstanding updates, without your AV program running.

malith 00:41 21 Jan 03

click here;en-us;212825

jazzypop 00:43 21 Jan 03

I agree with DieSse (again!).

See the threads at click here= - it is likely that a security certificate embedded in an auto-update file is not written / being read correctly. The most commonly suggested fix is to disable automatic updating, and download any updates manually.

mazyman 23:03 23 Jan 03

sorry for the delay and many thanks for all your help, to answer back, yes my date is set correctly and yes I have noticed some impact on performance notably when online with slow connections and "U.R.L.'s unavailable" more frequent of late. I have tried the links above with no joy. Any further help would be appreciated.

DieSse 01:15 24 Jan 03

If you are having comms problems - then that would lend weight to the suggestion that the downloads may be corrupted. have you tried downloading them again.

Make sure you are NOT using a download accelerator, as they are often advised against for downloading updates, due to potential corruption problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…