error messsage don't make sense

mazyman 22:06 20 Jan 03
  mazyman 22:06 20 Jan 03

In my error log in XP pro. I get a crypt32. failed extract of third party root list from auto update cab at:with error: Ox800b0101. According to the log I get this error two or three times per session. Does anyone out there know what this means?

instant^mash 00:29 21 Jan 03

Have you noticed any impact on your performence?

Forum Editor 00:35 21 Jan 03

on your computer set correctly?

There have been reports of this error occurring when the date has inadvertantly been wrongly set.

DieSse 00:38 21 Jan 03

It think it means that a downloaded auto update file could not be successfully extracted - presumably the download was corrupt.

I suggest you try going to the Windows update page, and try to redownload and install any outstanding updates, without your AV program running.

malith 00:41 21 Jan 03

click here;en-us;212825

jazzypop 00:43 21 Jan 03

I agree with DieSse (again!).

See the threads at click here= - it is likely that a security certificate embedded in an auto-update file is not written / being read correctly. The most commonly suggested fix is to disable automatic updating, and download any updates manually.

mazyman 23:03 23 Jan 03

sorry for the delay and many thanks for all your help, to answer back, yes my date is set correctly and yes I have noticed some impact on performance notably when online with slow connections and "U.R.L.'s unavailable" more frequent of late. I have tried the links above with no joy. Any further help would be appreciated.

DieSse 01:15 24 Jan 03

If you are having comms problems - then that would lend weight to the suggestion that the downloads may be corrupted. have you tried downloading them again.

Make sure you are NOT using a download accelerator, as they are often advised against for downloading updates, due to potential corruption problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch