error messasge--can't locate msnp32.dll

DIYgirl 18:52 18 Dec 04

I have jsut subscribed to Wanadoo Broadband, and have today installed the software for it. The account isn't active yet, so I can't test it out: but since installing the software, I get the following error message appear in a dialogue box when I start up my computer:

"Windows Networking

Unable to load the dynamic link library:

msnp32.dll

The system cannot find the file specified. Some or all of the following feature is not available

Microsoft Network"

I click OK and after a while the dialogue box closes, and the machine boots up completely, but it does seem a bit more inclined to crash on me now.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the broadband software but that doesn't do anything.

Any ideas what I should do? Thanks!

VoG II 18:55 18 Dec 04

You can download the file if you click here

stalion 19:00 18 Dec 04

After downloading the file you need to put it in your windows system folder

DIYgirl 07:59 19 Dec 04

Thanks for that--and for your really quick responses. But it's not helped. I got to the download site with no problems, and followed the links to the download for the file I need: but every time I try to download it I get an error message telling me that I have to left-click, not right-click, to get the download to work. Thing is, I AM left-clicking but for some reason this error message keeps appearing. Any suggestions?

DIYgirl 09:22 19 Dec 04

Thanks to an emergency email from the lovely Vog, I have now got the dll file and all is sorted. Merry Christmas!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…