Error messages when using the C.D. drive

number69 20:00 25 Apr 05

I decided to copy all my C.Ds to the hard drive but I am having intermittent problems.
Some days every thing goes fine other days the computer keeps crashing.
2 days ago it crashed with the error message “IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL”
after it restarted it then worked okay for the rest of the night.
The next day after 1 disc it crashed with the error message“MEMORY_MANAGEMENT”
After restarting it crashed three quarters of the way through the next disc this time with the error message “BAD_POOL_CALLER” after again restarting it then worked okay for the rest of the night. I get problems with both Real player and Windows media player 10.
There may be other error messages but if you are not watching the screen you miss them. I have noticed that if I click on updates in WMP it says that I need a 13mb update but if I download it I get the message “unable to proceed as yours is a newer version”. I only get problems where the cd unit is involved i.e. Copying to or from cd. I have also noticed that sometimes the cd unit disappears from the hardware inventory. Then I have to restart and I get the message “Windows has found a new device” I suspect the cd unit is the cause. Any other ideas please.
Windows XP with SP2 CD drive is a Teac CD_W552E
2x Hard disks Both Seagate ST3200822A and ST380011A

number69 11:15 26 Apr 05

Any ideas please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…