error messages & mouse / graphics issue related to iertutil.dll

robert01 15:11 PM 14 Sep 12

windows 7 64 bit

A message keeps appearing at shutdown and when starting some programs that says 'the program can't start because iertutil.dll is missing' or 'there is a problem with the intellipoint software, remove and run setup again'

I have uninstalled microsoft intellimouse and reinstalled ( ver 8.2 ) but still the issue is there. The mouse is working fine though !

I thought it could be malware but a similar message appears when I try to run cc cleaner, although i did get spybot to run by doing so as administrator and it found nothing.

Also, when trying to get into device manager I get 'not enough storage is available to complete this operation' and sometimes I get another message that says 'GFXUI has stopped working'

All this started at the same time last week and I am stumped as to what to do next.

Woolwell 15:33 PM 14 Sep 12

System restore to a point before the problem began?

robert01 16:03 PM 14 Sep 12

yeah tried that already

KRONOS the First 16:41 PM 14 Sep 12

Sounds very like your OS is corrupted. Try running SFC /SCANNOW and if I were you I would uninstall the software for the mouse and see how it behaves.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED