error messages & mouse / graphics issue related to iertutil.dll

robert01 15:11 PM 14 Sep 12

windows 7 64 bit

A message keeps appearing at shutdown and when starting some programs that says 'the program can't start because iertutil.dll is missing' or 'there is a problem with the intellipoint software, remove and run setup again'

I have uninstalled microsoft intellimouse and reinstalled ( ver 8.2 ) but still the issue is there. The mouse is working fine though !

I thought it could be malware but a similar message appears when I try to run cc cleaner, although i did get spybot to run by doing so as administrator and it found nothing.

Also, when trying to get into device manager I get 'not enough storage is available to complete this operation' and sometimes I get another message that says 'GFXUI has stopped working'

All this started at the same time last week and I am stumped as to what to do next.

Woolwell 15:33 PM 14 Sep 12

System restore to a point before the problem began?

robert01 16:03 PM 14 Sep 12

yeah tried that already

KRONOS the First 16:41 PM 14 Sep 12

Sounds very like your OS is corrupted. Try running SFC /SCANNOW and if I were you I would uninstall the software for the mouse and see how it behaves.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites