Error Messages

Mr. T 23:37 23 Jul 03

PROCESSOR: AMD19+
RAM: 512
Hard Drive: Big

I need some input please. So far I have got three error messages mainly when I try to shut down or restart. I have consulted the windows help pages, but they are useless.

The messages are as follows:

1. Windvd has causedan error in MFC42.DLL. Windvd will now close.
If you continue to experience problems try restarting your computer.
2. Tapisrv has caused an error in unknown>. Tapisrv will now close. etc. etc.
3 Cthelper has caused an error in KERNELL.32.DLL.
Cthelper will now close. etc. etc

The other thing is that the computer takes an awfull long time to shut down and restart.

Any ideas please.

Lozzy 23:58 23 Jul 03

Your Item 1

To resolve this issue, install Adaptec DirectCD 2.5d (Dcd25dup.exe). For additional information about DirectCD, visit the following Adaptec Web site:
click here

To work around this issue, view the properties of the drive using the icon installed by DirectCD on the right side of the taskbar. Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.

Item 2 click here to resolve

Item 3 as above to resolve as there inter connected.

Mr. T 10:52 26 Jul 03

Thanks for your response, but I could not find the answer to my problem yet. maybe it is related to spesific programs and not directly to windows me.
The other thing that keeps happening is that the computer freezes completely while I'm browsing the internet and I have to switch it off and then on again to get it going, which can be a problem if I'm downloading updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…