error messages

goldenoldie2000 11:11 19 Feb 05

I have recently purchased a Acer 292 LMi laptop and have various error messages appearing. Generic host process for Win 32 Services , has encountered a problem and needs to close , the options are send error report or don't send report. This is normally followed by Jah.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close , the option is close.This is sometimes followed by Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close, options are send error report or don't send report.I have excepted these messages I then get disconnected from the internet and have to close down my computer before I am able to get back on line.I have also ignored the messages and carried on working around them ,but after a short time again get disconnected .I have rebooted the laptop but this has not solved the problem.I operate Windows XP Homewith SP1.I would apppreciate any help .

Diodorus Siculus 11:18 19 Feb 05

1 - scan for spyware: click here
SB click here
AdAware click here
cws click here

2 - run the system file checker:

sfc /scannow

Michendi 11:30 19 Feb 05

Try the following in the order given: -

1. Put the XP disk in the CD-drive and run the "Repair Utility". If you have a corrupt file this may fix the problem.

2. Connect to the Windows Update site and make sure that you have all the updates, including any Driver Updates. Don't use the "Express" option on the Windows Update site, use the "Custom" option which will give you the opportunity to review the updates before installing them. Make sure that you check the Driver Updates.

3. Update your AV software and run a full check on your complete system. If "System Restore" is active you must deactivate it first as the system restore files are protected and cannot be scanned by AV software. If you have a malware on your system and you don't deactivate "System Restore" the malware will still be in the system restore protected files even after a full scan and system cleanup - so you will still be infected.

4. Check through the list of programs that start automatically when your PC starts. Disable or remove any unnecessary programs from the startup sequence.

5. Click Start > Run and type in chkdsk c:/r Follow the prompts in the CMD box and then Restart. At the restart Windows will perform a disk check and repair any problems.

6. Restart again after the disk check and see if you still have the problems.

VoG II 11:30 19 Feb 05

Do you have this? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…