Error messages

JamDaMan 17:17 20 Jul 04

I recently installed windows me on a new hard disk. However i am having great difficulty using it because with almost anything i try and do i get error messages like "iexplore has caused an error ins user.exe". The error messages are varied and pop up all the time sometimes just spontaneously when i'm not even doing anything. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:34 20 Jul 04

Not sure if this will work in ME

Type sfc /scannow in run box have ME disk in drive ME should then scan and replace missing / corruupt system files.

Loracthims 18:08 20 Jul 04

This has happened to me for the past 3 entire years with WinMe!!! It has been driving me insane. It happens all the time in a multitude of programs for no apparent reason. I have the PC wiped clean, repartitioned and software reinstalled and nothing has worked. I've basically to live with it and it happens about 95% of the time I switch my computer on.

Unfortunately my Fujitsu Siemens PC came with Me already installed and I don't have an Me disk. Do you have any ideas for me?

Yours very, very hopefully

polymath 20:56 20 Jul 04

Is it possible there's a copy of Win ME on your hard disk? With my preinstalled Win98se, there's a copy in the E: partition, instead of a CD. When something asks me to insert the disk, I direct it to (in my case) E:Win98se. Might be worth a look in Explorer.

THE TERMINATOR 23:37 20 Jul 04

Is your ME installation an upgrade? Are you getting these messages because you have not upgraded from Windows 98?...TT

JamDaMan 02:05 21 Jul 04

No, its the full version which i installed on a new hard drive. I am now thinking mabye it's because of my processor (AMD Athlon XP 2400), which is optimised for XP but can still run Earlier OS. Because the processor isn't really designed for ME errors are occuring.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…