Error messages

sjbell 11:56 21 Mar 04

I have recently started to get pop up error messages. The most common is 'iexplore.exe – Application Error':

'The instruction at "0x00de3e8d" referenced memory at "0x00de3e8d". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the programme.'

I have also received a similar message involving ikernel.exe I did not write it down in full but it was similar to the above.

I click OK and the computer continues to work fine but I obviously want to sort it out if there is a solution – any ideas?

I use XP home edition with sp1 (not sp1a) and all the critical updates installed from Microsoft update. I have also run a virus and spyware scan.

Thanks in advance.

AndySD 11:58 21 Mar 04

Have you installed any software?

sjbell 11:59 21 Mar 04

Not recently.

AndySD 12:19 21 Mar 04

Do you have the Windows XP cd? net a restore disk...if so then

Put your windows CD into the CD ROM and hold the shift key (the one with arrow pointing up, just above the Ctrl key on the left of your keyboard). Holding shift for a few seconds will stop the Windows CD from auto running, but the drive will still spin up to read the disk then spin back down again. Once it has spun down you can release the shift key.

Now click Start/All Programs/Accessories and choose Command Prompt. Type in

sfc /scannow

and hit enter. This will check and replace any damaged system files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…