jessumuk 15:14 01 Mar 04

Im getting 3 error messages
On start up "error laoding c:\windows\system\ctrlpan.dll" appears
On accessing files on my floppy disk
"an illegal operation has been performed"
followed by
"run time error program c:\windows\winlogon.exe"
comes up which then locks up my system
Ive tried rebooting with a start up and recovery disk but it sticks at the a:\ prompt and won't budge
Please can anyone help Ive been given various explanations from missing dll files faulty motherboard/a drive to a virus.All the checks Ive done dont show any of these.Im running windows 98 as my os Thanks, Jes

Jester2K 15:19 01 Mar 04

CTRLPAN.DLL - You had a virus but now its gone - click here Windows is still trying to load it but can't. Use the link to remove the command..

Also check for this - click here

fuzzyone 15:21 01 Mar 04

jessemunk,

back up your registry before doing the following.

start>run>regedit>on left panel clicktwice on hkey_local_machine>software>microsoft>windows>currentversion>run. on right panel delete control="rundll32.exe%system\ctrlpan.dll,restore control panel" this should stop the error c:: windows\system\ctrlpan.dll

fuzzyone 15:22 01 Mar 04

oops Jester2K,

beat me to it.

jessumuk 21:23 01 Mar 04

Thanks guys You got rid of the error on start up but I still can't access my a drive.Any ideas please.
Thanks Jes

Jester2K 21:34 01 Mar 04

Did you read my link on Troj/Dalixy-A??

woodchip 21:38 01 Mar 04

Start computer with Win98 floppy disc at A:\> type SCANREG/RESTORE and choose a date before the problem use the arrows to pic date then press enter key

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…