jessumuk 15:14 01 Mar 04

Im getting 3 error messages
On start up "error laoding c:\windows\system\ctrlpan.dll" appears
On accessing files on my floppy disk
"an illegal operation has been performed"
followed by
"run time error program c:\windows\winlogon.exe"
comes up which then locks up my system
Ive tried rebooting with a start up and recovery disk but it sticks at the a:\ prompt and won't budge
Please can anyone help Ive been given various explanations from missing dll files faulty motherboard/a drive to a virus.All the checks Ive done dont show any of these.Im running windows 98 as my os Thanks, Jes

Jester2K 15:19 01 Mar 04

CTRLPAN.DLL - You had a virus but now its gone - click here Windows is still trying to load it but can't. Use the link to remove the command..

Also check for this - click here

fuzzyone 15:21 01 Mar 04

jessemunk,

back up your registry before doing the following.

start>run>regedit>on left panel clicktwice on hkey_local_machine>software>microsoft>windows>currentversion>run. on right panel delete control="rundll32.exe%system\ctrlpan.dll,restore control panel" this should stop the error c:: windows\system\ctrlpan.dll

fuzzyone 15:22 01 Mar 04

oops Jester2K,

beat me to it.

jessumuk 21:23 01 Mar 04

Thanks guys You got rid of the error on start up but I still can't access my a drive.Any ideas please.
Thanks Jes

Jester2K 21:34 01 Mar 04

Did you read my link on Troj/Dalixy-A??

woodchip 21:38 01 Mar 04

Start computer with Win98 floppy disc at A:\> type SCANREG/RESTORE and choose a date before the problem use the arrows to pic date then press enter key

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…