Error Message: WININET.dll not found

julius44 19:24 16 Feb 08

Hello all i need urgetn help. my friend has a dell Inspiron 8600 intel centrino, 512mb memory and 40gb, hard drive. She mentioned that a few days ago it was taking ages to load, now today it wont load to the windows start up screen...and the following message appears:This application has failed to start because WININET.dllwas not found. reinstalling this application may fix the problem.

pls help as she desperately needs to get the laptop working again!!! What can be done pleaee???

Clapton is God 19:48 16 Feb 08
  julius44 23:42 16 Feb 08

Hello clapton is God, thanks for the link but i still need to find out HOW to resolve the problems on my friends laptop please she is desperate, pls help!!!

Kemistri 01:40 17 Feb 08

Use SFC. click here

Kemistri 01:43 17 Feb 08

If the file is not on the CD for any reason (it is a Windows DLL as far as I can tell), download it click here

julius44 07:28 17 Feb 08

Thnaks for the info kemistri i'll wait for her to bring round her laptop....she can get to the desktop....screen but there are no icons. I have gone to the link that u mentioned but i also need to download or unzip the file onto her laptop for it to scan....i have a usb stick. but i wouldnt know how to download the link from the website onto my usb drive can u tell me how to do this pls??

I'm also gonna have to repost this subject under a new heading and shes desperate to sort out this problem. does this also mean that her laptop has a virus??

We are both very desperate to sort this out pls!!!

Also is there any way round this in SAFE MODE
instead...or a way to set the laptop back to factory settings?? she doesn't mind at all!!!

birdface 10:12 17 Feb 08

System restore to a date before she had the problems,or maybe last good configuration in safe mode.Try both in safe mode.S/R first.

julius44 10:39 17 Feb 08

hello buteman...could u kindly tell me the factory settings procedure pls?? how many times do i press crtl and f11 pls?? and do i press them together pls??

birdface 14:23 17 Feb 08

Sorry but I don.t know how to reset it to factory settings.Safe mode just keep pressing F8 as the computer starts.I am sure someone else will explain how to restore factory settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now