error message WINDOWS\dbghelp.dll

remusportia 16:01 11 Dec 05

I have been using Nero 6 and Ulead VideoStudio6 for Video Editing and DVD burning. After some problems I removed(or Tried to) VideoStudio, at which point my PC crashed. When it came back from the repair shop, there were a few blips, now sorted,I hope, and I have just tried to reinstall Video Studio from the CD.I can only get the repair or remove option on screen and then get an error message which tells me I have a locked file - C:WINDOWS|dbghelp.dll. Ulead no longer give technical support for my version of Video Studio -6- Has anybody any idea of the solution.

woodchip 16:16 11 Dec 05

Uninstall then reinstall

remusportia 17:23 11 Dec 05

As far as I can see, VideoStudio is not actually installed at the moment - it does not show anywhere! Since I cannot find the programme on my computer, how do I uninstall it? Sorry if I am seemimng a bit dense, any ideas as to the next step?

VoG II 17:27 11 Dec 05

Have you used Spysweeper? click here

remusportia 17:42 11 Dec 05

I have not used Spysweeper. The error message says the dll is locked, not that it is missing. How do I unlock it?

VoG II 17:45 11 Dec 05

Some things to try click here

remusportia 15:04 12 Dec 05

I've followed the link (from VoG) and then used the PCTools scanner - it shows 113 errors - none of which is shown using Norton Systemworks so who do I trust? I do have my original Windows 98 CD and the upgrade CD to 98SE and I am wondering if it might be wiser to reinstall Windows from scratch and hopefully then have a nice, pristine operating system. Anybody any thoughts?
Nobody will be surprised to hear that I do not know how to reload Windows so if the consensus is for reinstallation, be ready for yet another cry for help about reloading Windows!!

woodchip 15:50 12 Dec 05

Try loading the 98se update over it's self

remusportia 20:46 19 Dec 05

I've reloaded Windows from scratch, this seems to have resolved the problems, now I keep my figers crossed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…