error message WINDOWS\dbghelp.dll

remusportia 16:01 11 Dec 05

I have been using Nero 6 and Ulead VideoStudio6 for Video Editing and DVD burning. After some problems I removed(or Tried to) VideoStudio, at which point my PC crashed. When it came back from the repair shop, there were a few blips, now sorted,I hope, and I have just tried to reinstall Video Studio from the CD.I can only get the repair or remove option on screen and then get an error message which tells me I have a locked file - C:WINDOWS|dbghelp.dll. Ulead no longer give technical support for my version of Video Studio -6- Has anybody any idea of the solution.

woodchip 16:16 11 Dec 05

Uninstall then reinstall

remusportia 17:23 11 Dec 05

As far as I can see, VideoStudio is not actually installed at the moment - it does not show anywhere! Since I cannot find the programme on my computer, how do I uninstall it? Sorry if I am seemimng a bit dense, any ideas as to the next step?

VoG II 17:27 11 Dec 05

Have you used Spysweeper? click here

remusportia 17:42 11 Dec 05

I have not used Spysweeper. The error message says the dll is locked, not that it is missing. How do I unlock it?

VoG II 17:45 11 Dec 05

Some things to try click here

remusportia 15:04 12 Dec 05

I've followed the link (from VoG) and then used the PCTools scanner - it shows 113 errors - none of which is shown using Norton Systemworks so who do I trust? I do have my original Windows 98 CD and the upgrade CD to 98SE and I am wondering if it might be wiser to reinstall Windows from scratch and hopefully then have a nice, pristine operating system. Anybody any thoughts?
Nobody will be surprised to hear that I do not know how to reload Windows so if the consensus is for reinstallation, be ready for yet another cry for help about reloading Windows!!

woodchip 15:50 12 Dec 05

Try loading the 98se update over it's self

remusportia 20:46 19 Dec 05

I've reloaded Windows from scratch, this seems to have resolved the problems, now I keep my figers crossed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…