Error message when writing to disk

bear73 15:29 28 May 04

Yesterday I thought I had lost all my photos because I inserted the disc and nothing came up. We tried lots of things and it seemed the files had been corrupted. Today in a last ditch attempt I loaded the CD again and the files were there!

I quickly copied the files to My Pictures on my hard drive and then started to get into some problems with some of the folders. Whenever I tried to copy a folder I would get a message saying "Confirm Stream Loss" - The file 'Thumbs' has information attached to it that might be lost if you continue copying. The contents of the file will not be affected. Do you want to copy the file anyway?

I kept saying yes and the box kept flashing up so I had to click the button that said "Yes to all". It still copied files but it doesn;t seem right. Every folder seemed to have this "Thumb" file.

Any ideas. I tried copying all the photos to a new disc and it was happening then aswell. I then got an error aying it thought the disc had a problem and they could not copy files.

Is it the discs? They are TDK d-view CD-Recordable 700MB. Have heard that some discs are more reliable than others.

Thanks
Dinks

Rayuk 18:12 28 May 04

You could start your search for an answer here
click here

Use Google and type in
Confirm Stream loss plenty of links show up.

Fruit Bat 18:24 28 May 04

Thumbs is a database file use by windows or even several picuter browsers. Its the thing that makes the little pictures appear in the windows folder so you can navigate to your picture file easily.

If thumbs file is lost or deleted, the main file should be ok and windows will recreate a new thumbs file in your folder when you select thumbnails from your view option on the toolbar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…