Error message when using Internet explorer

Amer 15:33 06 Feb 10

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with some sites. I am trying to go to Windows update site, it asks me to download some MS software which I click, I then get "The instruction at 0x08bb referenced memory at 0x08bb0068. The memory could not be written. I then click okay and it recovers the tab and I go through the same cycle again. I also noticed the same problem when trying to upload some photos to Photo-box when I got a message like this in respect of something called 'Active X'. Sorry if I am being vague! Not a techie!

Can anyone advise what I need to do?

Many thanks

Amer Khalil

johnnyrocker 21:07 06 Feb 10

difficult to make any suggestion without knowing the OS but as a matter of course check firewall is allowing access, also check anti spyware re active x

johnny

rdave13 21:19 06 Feb 10

Microsofr fixit for updates but check if for your Operating System; click here

rdave13 21:21 06 Feb 10

'Microsofr' = Microsoft. New Logitecrap keyboard's fault.

Amer 21:56 06 Feb 10

Hi

Thanks to everyone for their help....I don't know what this MS fixit thingy is/was...but it has certainly 'fixed' my problem, Windows update is running and updating as we speak....very grateful.

Amer Khalil

rdave13 23:07 06 Feb 10

To stop you getting any more email notifications, now you have fixed the problem, then could I suggest you tick the box and click 'resolved'.
Glad it worked.

Amer 23:21 06 Feb 10

Done

Thanks for your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…