Error message when using Frontpage 2002

larryweir 21:49 09 Jul 07

Have an issue trying to publish a website using FrontPage 2002 to my web space provided by 1&1. I now get the error message “unable to access configuration for Microsoft internet information server” Our web hosts (1&1) are adamant that the problem is not at their end and FrontPage extensions etc are working fine. Have used this system for a couple of years with no problems until recently. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Firewall and antivirus are both turned off.

Gingermum 08:26 12 Jul 07

First of all, never, ever turn your firewall off. 10 mins and you've been hacked.
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your FP extensions?
Despite what 1&1 say, it sounds like the problem is their end. Suggesting it's your end is ridiculous. Sometimes it's worth trying asking for help again. You don't always get the sharpest knife the first time.

larryweir 07:28 13 Jul 07

Thanks "Microsoft sorted the problem
out at a cost of £40 + vat. When I informed them of the problem they immediately confirmed that the problem was with the 1&1 server. I explained the situation that 1&1 were claiming there was nothing wrong their end, the Microsoft agent asked for 1&1s number and any references and he would contact them direct. Low and behold with 10 minutes it was up and
running, problem sorted."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…