Error message when trying to open jpeg files from a CD in Microsoft Picture Manager

Repurr 13 Feb 12

Hi,

I am running a Windows Vista Home Premium on an Acer Aspire T671 with MS Office 2007.

I have been trying to open jpeg picture files, from a number of CD's through MS Picutre Manager and keep getting the error message.

"The path you specified is not valis or supported by picture manager. Verify that the location is a valid windows sharepoint services library, that the folder exists and that the path is correct and then try again."

I have opended the picture files on this PC before without a problem.

Can anyone suggest how I can solve this problem?

Thanks for your help

R

bremner 13 Feb 12

To rule out a defective CD can you try it on another PC.

Repurr 13 Feb 12

All CD's working on my laptop and files can be opened in picture manager.

bremner 13 Feb 12

This has been reported previously as a problem that occurs after an upgrade from IE7 to IE8, if you have recently done this then I suggest upgrading to IE9 and see if the problem is fixed.

Repurr 13 Feb 12

Thanks, I am running Firefox 9.01.

bremner 13 Feb 12

That may be so, but what version of Internet Explorer do you have on the machine

Bris 13 Feb 12
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message