Error Message when trying to do Backup

Highland Park 09:17 10 Sep 03

I recently installed a NEC 1300A Writer, also the Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD Software that was supplied with it. When I try to do a System Backup to CD`s (using the NEC Drive as the Destination Path to store my data ) I don`t get any request to insert disc although there is a message that it is retrieving files and that the Backup is in progress and then comes the dreaded message " Backup has been cancelled Error creating the Backup Archive". Any help for a very "OLD" head ?, I have tried again and again to contact Pinnacle but to no avail.
Highland Park

Jester2K II 09:20 10 Sep 03

"I don`t get any request to insert disc" and then it fails?

Have you tried putting a blank disc in first and then trying??

"I don`t get any request to insert disc" suggests it can't make the backup CD - probably because there isn't one there.

Backup programs don't always ask for a disc..

Jester2K II 07:13 12 Sep 03

Many thanks for the suggested "Enter a Disk"
advice, I had already tried that many times and also in different permutations. I was, and had been using CD-RW`s in the past and wondered if it might be part of the problem, so I have switched to a different make of disk and just CD-R`s and with any luck, I "Might" just have got on the right track. Anyway, thanks once again.
Highland Park

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…