error message when opening windows98

SHIRTY 22:36 16 May 03

error message reads cannot find file vtagentreboot.exe.i click ok next mssage says cannot find WINI.INI file

VoG™ 22:43 16 May 03

Do you have up to date anti-virus protection?

Also trt AdAware click here and spybot click here

woodchip 22:51 16 May 03

Go to C:\Windows\System and have a look for a System. bak or similar change it to .ini and reboot

woodchip 22:52 16 May 03

That should be a Win.bak to look for and change sorry

VoG™ 23:03 16 May 03

yes i am running the latest anti-virus

====================================

SHIRTY Please respond by posting a message to your thread. Otherwise nobody knows what's going on.

SHIRTY 22:46 19 May 03

message reads,cannot find the file"vtagertreboot.exe (or one of its components).Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available. the next message is headed Desktop,and reads,could not load or run vtagentreboot.exe,specified in the WINI.INI file.Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it on the WINI.INI file. I think the message appeared after I had deleted some files using the Ashampoo programme.

VoG™ 22:52 19 May 03

Have you run ad-aware or spybot as advised above?

woodchip 14:52 20 May 03

Just check in WinExplorer to see if you have a file that starts with "Win" if you have one that says "win.bak" right click the file and rename it to Win.ini

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…