Error message when opening ie

Rhuddlan 20:15 05 Feb 05

I have just re formatted xp home on my comp today and re installed all of my software including sp2. Now when I open ie, a message appears with the title, 16 bit MS-DOS subsystem and the message reads, The NTV DM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction, click close to terminate the program, I do that and all is fine, but this message appears every time I open ie, any ideas? I have downloaded all xp home sp2 updates and all of my security software etc is up to date.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:18 05 Feb 05
  Rhuddlan 20:41 05 Feb 05

Thanks for the link Friut Bat, will take a look later. But first I am very worried, I was posting another thread in this forum and half way through my msg, the comp restarted itself, upon startup a message came up with some technical info about the soucre of the problem and it said something about a certain file in temp locals, or something along those lines, I get the feeling these two problems are related? It then took me to the windows online crash anaylzer and that told me to update to sp2, i already have sp2, then they said update the smartlink modem driver, so i did, restarted the comp, and it then took 3 attemps to get it to start up properly, it froze first time on a black screen then on the logon screen the second, it seems to be alright at the mo (touch wood) anyone help, I re formatted today hoping all my problems will go away, this is worse than ever.

Rhuddlan 11:40 06 Feb 05

Please someone I want help urgentley

Rhuddlan 11:49 06 Feb 05

Had a look at the link, but can't really make out a solution, can anyone help me?

Rhuddlan 16:50 06 Feb 05

bump

Rhuddlan 23:45 07 Feb 05

Thanks for the link, uninstalled the software that was causing thge error messages and that's sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…