Error message using Pinnacle instant CD/DVD

ponytail 10:55 AM 15 Mar 13

I have just found some burning sofware I used to use and dwcided to install it which was fine but when I try and use it I get the following message Driver initialization Errorize Programming interface couldnot be initialized Does anyone know what this means I am on Windows 7 It is version 8

northumbria61 11:45 AM 15 Mar 13

How old is the Pinnacle program you are trying to use? It may be that it is not compatible with Windows 7 - a dll. link is missing or it requires a driver update - anyone of these could be preventing it from starting.

ponytail 12:07 PM 15 Mar 13

Hi northumbria61 According to the invoice which surprisingly I still have I bought it in November 2005.Is it worthwhile trying to get it to work if so what would I need to try or should I just dispose of it

northumbria61 13:33 PM 15 Mar 13

You could see if it will will work in Compatibility Mode or see if there is an update for it on the Manufacturers website

See here enter link description here

northumbria61 13:46 PM 15 Mar 13

It appears Version 8 was only compatible with Windows 2000 / 98 / NT / Me / XP so if it won't work in compatibility mode you will need to look for an alternative program. If you are just after DVD/CD Burning Software there is plenty of choice and there are FREE one's in this link enter link description here

northumbria61 13:50 PM 15 Mar 13

I personally use Ashampoo Burning Studio (paid for version) as I like Ashampoo products. You can download a trial version (usually 40 days) Very easy to use.

ponytail 13:55 PM 15 Mar 13

Just got this

System Information:

Your machine is currently running: Windows 7. This driver utility is compatible with your operating system.

ponytail 13:57 PM 15 Mar 13

I do have the free version of ashampoo which is fine just wanted to see if I could use this program

ponytail 14:13 PM 15 Mar 13

Have been into compatibility mode and tried various setting but the problem still remains.It did work on XP 64 bit wih service pack 3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016