Error message trying to syncronise MS Money to MSN

diode 12:36 03 Nov 03

Hi All, I have a problem with MS Money. When I try and syncronise it with MSN Money on the web via Tools>Access my Money on the WEB>setup button. I get the message an "unexpectd error occured please try again, if the problem persists shut down Money and try again". When I do this the same result occurs.I can't find anything in the help menu to resolve the problem. If I phone MS they want ?45 an hour to sort the problem, MESH computers want?1.00 per min (they are the ones that supplied it)Even though it is new software and computer everyone wants to charge to get their equipment/software to work any ideas.
I have tried the MS board but no joy.
I am running XP home on a MESH laptop

spikeychris 12:51 03 Nov 03

Had a rummage in the money groups and one idea was to disable the synchronisation in Money, then re-enable it to see if that
fixes the problem.

1 At the top of the screen, click Investing, and then click Access my Money
data on the Web.

2 Click Turn off MoneyCentral Synchronisation.

To turn Web Express on again, click Access my Money data on the Web, and
then click Set up MoneyCentral Synchronisation

diode 13:26 03 Nov 03

I will give it a try and report back

diode 13:40 03 Nov 03

Thanks spikeychris. My version appears to be different from yours the "Access my Money data on the web" appears in Tools and it only gives me the option to "setup" and not turn off the synchronisation. It is a 2002 version supplied by MESH when I bought the computer. I think I might have to bite the bullet and buy a retail version. Though that hurts
Thanks for your efforts though

diode 13:58 03 Nov 03

Thanks to all, am putting this as Resolved because I don't think I am going to get an answer to this problem. I have a feeling that it is a cut down version of the program. It does say it is the OEM version 10 of the 2002Money. But it doesn't give any indication that some of the facilities are non functioning

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…