error message trying to repair IE

When I try this I get "error loading setupwbv.dll the specified module could not be found" Alternate fix to repair Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x for Windows XP:
From the Start menu, choose Run.

In the Run window, type rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt" Note: The command is case-sensitive.

Click the OK button.

Click the Repair Internet Explorer option.

Click the Yes button to complete the repair.

Restart the computer when you are prompted and allow the computer to configure Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Jester2K 10:43 28 Dec 03

1) Check this path exists

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE

2) Check this path exists

C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt

3) Find this file

setupwbv.dll

and edit the line above to have the full path

ie c:\windows\system\setupwbv.dll

so it reads

rundll32 c:\windows\system\setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance etc etc

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE (refers to a location that is unavailable)....
C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt (no results found)
setupwbv.dll (no results found)

Jester2K 11:10 28 Dec 03

Thats why it doesn't work then.

Do you have IE6 on a magazine cover disk? If so there a registry setting that you can change to allow to reinstall IE6 instead of repair.

Go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}

Change or create

DWORD // Value Name: IsInstalled

Set Value to 0

then run the setup.

Or tell us what the problem is and maybe we can fix it...

Don't have IE6 on a magazine cover disk...just can't put my finger on the problem?...pc seems to be very slow running and loading...

Jester2K 11:52 28 Dec 03

Generally or just on the Internerd?

mostly when on the internet,although i'm not using a lot of cpu

Jester2K 12:09 28 Dec 03

Try checking for Adware with Adaware click here and / or SpyBot click here

tried those and spysweeper?
any chance it could be bt (as if!!) or the bt voyager 100 modem? I did try a netgear dm602 router,but it was getting very warm and dropping my signal out...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…