Error message on startup of Windows XP

marcus22798 17:19 13 Aug 06

I get the following error message following start up of Windows XP.

"Cannot find import DLL may be missing, corrupt or wrong version. File rtl170.bpl error 126"

Grateful for any advice on how I can fix this from happening?

have a look here click here
should tell you what you need to know.. regards akanic

James. 17:22 13 Aug 06
  James. 17:23 13 Aug 06

snap!!

same page james lol :-)

the power of google!!

marcus22798 17:43 13 Aug 06

Thanks - I've looked at this but this refers to an error when opening new browser windows in IE? I'm having this error appearing only on startup.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:06 13 Aug 06

Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

levyo1 18:36 13 Aug 06

I had a similar experience abot 2 weeks ago I sorted it after after from the helproom with registry mechanic

marcus22798 22:39 14 Aug 06

Thanks for your suggestiom fruit bat - however following the sfc scan nothing seems to happen I've had a look at the link and not really getting any further. A friend suggested I install registry mechanic which I've done but am still getting the error message. Has anyone got any other suggestions on remeding this error?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…