error message reporting an infection on boot time scan

tesfred 03 Aug 12

I am using Windows XP with service pack 3 installed. My anti virus programme is avast, I have just run a boot up scan and this error message is reported. File C:\Documents and Settings\P4\Application Data\AVG\Rescue|PC Tuneup 2011\12052113552390.rsc|>120521135523390-00174.file|>advert|hujoplo.class is infected by Java:Agent-FI [Expl] {the file is a decompression bomb}

KRONOS the First 03 Aug 12

Well it has something to do with AVG and I assume you have AVG PC Tuneup 2011 which is seeming infected with a trojan. Uninstall Tuneup 2011, they are more trouble than there worth anyway. After removing scan again and see how you get on.

tesfred 04 Aug 12

I have tried removing Tune Up 2011 but it does not show up in Revouninstaller nor Add Remove Programmes, not sure what to try next, plus why is the hard drive showing 8.5 gigabyte in the windows folder? seems rather large that.

KRONOS the First 04 Aug 12

Removal instructions.

As for the windows folder I would think that for XP with SP3 that the size you have is fine. My windows 7 folder shows 5.4 so I would not be concerned with 8.5Gb on a much older operating system.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message