Error message on reboot

Anubeon 14:35 12 Nov 05

Hello All

I've been having a little trouble with my laptop lately; BSOD's and slowing performance. I've recently noticed that whenever I startup windows (XP Home SP2) a command prompt window opens displaying the following message:

"Error: Invalid File System"

Anybody have a clue what the hell's going on here, I've checked all startup parameters in msconfig and can't find any batch files or alike that might open command prompt.

Cheers,
Anubeon.

---
Ernesto Che Guevara - "Cruel leaders a replaced only for new leaders to turn cruel"

Anubeon 14:41 12 Nov 05

***Update***

I forgot to mention that the BSOD's I've been recieving where 0x100000d1 errors.

I've tried diagnosing these by refering to the second set of numbers with the succeding parenthesis - supposed to correspond to the IRQL and thus should allow me to track back the fault to a specific component in device manager.

Problem is that is number differs and often cannot be found associated with any device in device manager.

???

Anubeon 23:23 20 Nov 05

***UPDATE***

Just recently the error message has changed, I cannot read the whole message as the cmd window closes too quickly.

Now it says the following:

"Insufficient resources to impliment command"

followed by another line of text I havn't been able to read in time.

Please Help Me!!!

PS: I suspect my laptop is just on its last legs, afterall it has been functioning as a desktop replacement for over three years now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant