Error message "marscore.dll not found"

gcs_uk 09:28 15 May 03

When trying to access the help and support section on XP I get the following error message "marscore.dll not found".

I have searched the microsoft knowledge base and only come across fixes to other problems which involve the missing .dll.

Also searched PC advisor help forum but again only reference is to a different problem.

See I am learning how to help myself before asking here :0)

Can anybody help me.

TIA

VoG™ 09:52 15 May 03

You can get it click here

It belongs in

C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\BINARIES

gcs_uk 16:22 15 May 03

Thanks for that but is there anywhere else where i can get the file as the above site is a pay site.

bowman 17:23 15 May 03

You could try here:

The Free-Dynamic Link Library - Dll Files......

click here

The problem will be the version number? It maybe to old,the updated file that you may require is 'ver: 4.90.0.3001 dated 8/08/2000.

Hope this helps.

VoG™ 20:58 15 May 03

Did you receive the file that I mailed to you?

LAMINA 21:21 15 May 03

Free from here click here

gcs_uk 21:52 15 May 03

Thanks VoG got the second email.

Appreciate the help.

Cheers

gcs_uk 22:09 15 May 03

Well I put the file in the location stated above, restarted my PC and tried to access help and I still got the same error message.

Any one any idea.

gcs_uk 22:09 15 May 03

Well I put the file in the location stated above, restarted my PC and tried to access help and I still got the same error message.

Any one any idea.

VoG™ 22:18 15 May 03

Try a repair of XP

click here

gcs_uk 23:58 21 May 03

After visiting the site I see it refers to using the XP CD Rom. My PC was preinstalled with XP so I dont have an original disc.

If I boot from the recovery disk will it format my hard drive and reinstall XP or can I perform an install from the recovery disk.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW VoG all your help has been very much appreciated.

TIA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…