Error Message "Internal Error 2349"

Sweet William 12:15 23 Mar 04

On attempting to reinstall/repair disc 1 of Microsoft Office 2000 Professional on my PC, I receive the error message "Internal Error 2349". My os is Windows XP. My antivirus software is AVG. This error message first occurred during an attempted online update of Office 2000. Now I am unable to reinstall/repair the programme from my CD-ROM. Any suggestions please?

Sweet William

Big Elf 12:20 23 Mar 04

Does this help click here

Big Elf 12:21 23 Mar 04

Sorry wrong link, but it suggests that the CD may need cleaning. Wipe it gently with a link free cloth.

Big Elf 12:27 23 Mar 04

meant lint free:0)

Big Elf 12:50 23 Mar 04

Also found this on MS click here

Sweet William 13:05 23 Mar 04

Many thanks "Big Elf", but my research had already uncovered the two possible solutions. Regrettably cleaning the disc did not work and I was using the correct drive.

Big Elf 13:56 23 Mar 04

Maybe copying the CD to the hard drive and running install from there?

Sweet William 15:26 04 Apr 04

Many thanks for your help "Big Elf". Two possible solutions are to be published in a forthcoming issue of PC Advisor, so I will not bore you with the full details here. I wiil say, however, that my drive appears to be one problem.

Another possible problem is the CD-Roms themselves. Rather than replace them I have done a "System Restore" and decided to dispense with the updates. At one stage I could not access any Office files!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…