Error message - Illegal System DLL Relocation

douglas1973 00:25 26 Apr 07

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on one drive and Windows XP on the other. When I boot up to Windows XP I am getting the following message:
"RTHDCPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL Relocation.
The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occured because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\System32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL."
When I click OK I have so far not had any further problems but when I reboot into Windows XP the next time the message reappears.
I have no idea who the vendor might be. I have searched for HHCTRL.OCX and found 3 instances of it, two in C:\Windows\Software Distribution\Download|.....
Can I delete these two entries? Otherwise what should I do?

chocolate cake 00:44 26 Apr 07

click here should give you a start point.

Taff™ 00:49 26 Apr 07

click here Windows Automatic Updates have bungled again. Screwed up your RealTek sound - bet you can`t play a CD! Download the fix from my link and post back if you have further problems.

douglas1973 18:56 26 Apr 07

Thanks chocolate cake and Taff! Now no problems thanks to you both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…