Error message help please

northerngirl 11:06 10 Jun 08

Hi everyone

For two days now I keep getting an error message whilst using Internet Explorer. It says it has encountered an error and needs to close.

I really need to get my work done and sent to the tutor today, so any advice gratefully received.

northerngirl 11:07 10 Jun 08

Ooops sorry, I shoulD have said IE has encountered a "problem" and needs to close.

johndrew 11:21 10 Jun 08

This message is quite common for various reasons. You could look at the MS help page click here and other threads on the forum which may help click here click here

If you don`t resolve it from these post again with a bit more detail of your PC, OS etc.

handful 15:07 10 Jun 08

In the short term, you can always install another browser such as Firefox which is infinitely superior anyway. click here

At least you can get on with your work then uninterrupted....if it's not too late anyway:0((

johndrew 15:17 10 Jun 08

Good suggestion.

There are a number here click here and many swear by Opera click here.

But you may get some flack for saying Firefox is superior to IE as now that IE has tabbed browsing, anti-phishing, etc., some would say the two are similar. I think it`s down to personal choice.

handful 15:55 10 Jun 08

johndrew - I actually really like the IE interface and the fact the tabs are there already and you just select them, I just find Firefox much more reliable and IE7 is just sooooooo slooooow in comparison.

northerngirl 16:16 10 Jun 08

Thanks everyone.

IE is still playing silly beggars so I installed Firefox which I find much superior. It is so fast!
Hnadful, got my work done!:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…