Error message H/Drive

Peter-200561 20:50 04 Aug 06

Windows XPHome Pen 4
Recently during a session the computer froze. When i rebooted i had the following message;
"Disk System not valid
Error ES
Replace it and press a key.
(its a french language setup so the ES may refer to another translation in english)
If i press the space bar Window loads normally.
This happens after standby mode or startup + reboot.
Is the writing on the wall for the disk?
Any ideas?
Can i ask a second question, i have a Weather Station linked into computer. There is an option to transfer data into Excel as a text file, however when imported it comes out in weird letters symbols and squares. What text format could this be?
Many thanks

Pete

VoG II 20:54 04 Aug 06

Second question: Is there an option to export the data as a .csv file? If so try that and in Excel Data > Import External Data.

Peter-200561 21:11 04 Aug 06

According to guide "once imported into EXCEL "choose delimited as the separator for each data column and Tabs to seperate data". Also file origin Windows ANSI. But even at this stage its stays in "weird form" I guess the software is at fault and not saving the data in the text format required.

Pete

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…