Error message "generic host for Win32 " etc

Ray5776 21:49 24 Apr 06

I keep getting the error message "generic host process for Win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close"
If I chose the report option I can go to Microsoft and get the fix KB894391.
I install the fix but it still keeps coming back with the message. Any suggestions anyone.

ray

Eric half-a-bee 22:55 24 Apr 06

Right-click on My Computer and select Manage. Go to Evenet Viewer and look through the three options (most likely System ort Application for the corresponding error code. Right click on the error and check what it says in Properties. Take the error details and out them in Google.

Ray5776 23:36 24 Apr 06

I don`t understand error properties it is in code, it refers me back to Microsoft site that I have already tried.
"Take the error details and out and them in Google"
Need a more simple explanation please.

Thanks Ray

Eric half-a-bee 00:51 25 Apr 06

When you open Properties theere will be a field in the middle of the box that lists details of the error. The only example I can give you are:
"The server {C7E39D60-7A9F-42BF-ABB1-03DC0FA4F493} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout." which produces: click here
It's not guaranteed to provide a solution, but the chances are that someone else has had the same problem.

PS. To copy the error message in Properties highlight and ctrl C

Ray5776 15:25 25 Apr 06

Thanks Eric.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…