Error message found during scan

Meshuga 12:50 17 Sep 04

My OS is XP Home SP2 and I am using eScan AV. At the end of a scan it shows no virus or other nasties but reports one Error. Onsearching through the log it shows as follows Error!!! Invalid entryLDM=\Program \backweb_8876480. Removing It.On going to Start-run- search for backweb it shows as referring to C:\prog files\logitech\desktop2.016kb application extension. Also, C:\prog files\ etc 128kbTLB File.When I next run a scan it comes up with the same error. I do have a logitech cordless mouse and webcam but there is nothing to indicae this on the desktop. How can I stop this message appearing or should I just ignore it as the pc is running perfectly normally.( Fatal to say that) Meshuga.

rawprawn 12:56 17 Sep 04

The backweb related to Logitec is nothing to worry about, you can forget it. If you disable the logitec update program it shouls disappear. I'm not certain what yours is but the backweb is used by logitec to check for software updates. When I first got my Logitec mouse I had this problem (I think the same thing occurs with Kodak Software)

rawprawn 12:58 17 Sep 04

click here download and run this, I think it will get rid of it for you.

rawprawn 12:59 17 Sep 04

Sorry it's what you are using I think.

Meshuga 13:54 17 Sep 04

yes, eScan is what brought it to my attention. Now I know what it is I`ll just ignore it. Haven`t found it before as I`ve only just started using eScan. Regards, Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…