Error Message in Computer Management Event Log

Sparkly 19:49 19 Mar 07

Hi all, in computer management in the morning when i first power up there is an event log listed an error log with the round icon with a white X in a red background with this log.
The Siemens Sensor USB driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.
I used to have a Biometric mouse that i used to log on with my fingerprint, i uninstalled it some time before xmas in favour of a new wireless mouse (not biometric) as far as i knew it was uninstalled properly through the add/remove programe but after looking in the computer management each day i can see it is not a one of error it is listed each day, can you advise me on how to stop the error being found and logged.
Many thanks.

skidzy 19:56 19 Mar 07

Obviously something has been left behind from uninstalling (my guess)

I take it you run ccleaner,but maybe trying regscrubxp click here and cleanup click here hopefully this may pick up the obsolete registry entry.
Thats if im correct.

skidzy 20:00 19 Mar 07

If you right click on the event viewer log,does it give you the registry key ?

Sparkly 20:19 19 Mar 07

skidzy when i right click the option there is properties when i click this it says Event ID 7000

Coff 21:08 19 Mar 07

Go to Start, then to Run, type in "services.msc" without the quotes and click OK.

If the Siemens service is on the services list, download and install ServiceManager from click here Run the program and highlight the Siemens service and click on Remove. Ignore any warnings.That will remove the leftover registry entry and remove it from your list of services.

For good measure, download AutoRuns from click here Run it, wait until it's "ready" and look for the Siemens service, right click it and delete it, if it's there.

Sparkly 22:38 19 Mar 07

Thanks guys for all your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…