it in basic mode (640x480) then re-install. It went well, and display is
back to normal, except every time I boot up, an error message appears on the
desktop:
" ATI could not instigate the ATI media control panel, and the control panel
will now close,"
The display works fine when I close the error message, but how can I stop
the message appearing.

xania 08:57 26 Apr 05

You don't say that you actually uninstalled the driver before re-installing so I suspect that the re-installation failed to overwrite an important, but damaged, program file. You see, with many of the drivers you also get a program which is a form of control panel for making changes to your settings etc. Most never actually use this software which is why, although you can't load it, you don't miss it. <Start><Run><msconfig> and take a look at the rightmost tab, which lists all the programs which load at start up. Find the culprit and uncheck it to stop the problem. Alternatively, uninstall the driver and all related programs (make sure that any folders with the same name are also deleted) and then start again.

rods 11:45 26 Apr 05

I have posted similar threads on hear that are still unresolved, see below.

Some of the suggestions might help you. My thread below

click here

Cheers

PsiFox 12:01 26 Apr 05

Have you followed the instructions EXACTLY from ATI here including Registry edit section

click here

ATI CAT removal tool from ATI

Here

click here

Page also has a smartgart removal tool as well.

You may need your mobo disc to reinstall this

grifval 12:55 26 Apr 05

Hi,
Thanks for all tips, some of the links are now unobtainable though. I will go back and delete all reference of ATI drivers then re-install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…