Error message after connection to Internet.

DW9047 20:50 19 Aug 03

My Brothers PC is giving the following Error message within seconds of connecting to the internet. Is it a virus?? or maybe a problem with the way the ISP was setup??

"This system is shutting down, please save all work in progress, any unsave changes will be lost, this shutdown was initiated by NTAUTHORITY/SYSTEMS. Windows must now restart because the remote procedure call (RPC) service terminated unexpectadely."

The system then reboots. He only gets this message after connection to the internet.

I ask if it could be the setup of the ISP because his Freeserve account has been dormant and I am assuming that his account with freeserve has been disabled. His partner has setup her Own ID through the connection wizard, I think using the freeserve connection data still there in the PC. The were previously using Fresserve No Ties, but now when she connects using her new connection it takes her straight to the Freeserve ANYTIME registration, she quits this option and it goes to the Freeserve Home page, but then almost immediately gives the above error message.

System is Windows XP.

Cheers

Terrahawk 21:40 19 Aug 03

sounds like our old friend the lovsan worm aka msblast click here scroll down for removal you will also need to patch click here

krypt1c 21:49 19 Aug 03

And. Please please please make sure he updates his AV definitions regularyl, and that he has a firewall. K ;-))

xania 13:44 20 Aug 03

NOTE

You need to install the patch first and run the removal tool second.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now