error message

Tigerlily 10:53 25 Apr 03

I have windows 98se, when i boot up system i get an error message " GetModuleFileName" Can anyone explain how i can stop this please.

Thanks

LastChip 13:17 25 Apr 03

Go to Start; Run; and type the command

SFC

This will run system file check, and all you have to do is follow the on screen prompts.

Have your Win 98se CD ROM handy, as if you have corrupted files, you may need to insert the CD to enable the repair.

If it doesn't work, please post back with the approximate date, when the system was working correctly, and I may be able to give you an alternative option.

Let us know how you get on please.

Tigerlily 19:25 25 Apr 03

Hi Lastchip, i tried what you suggested but nothing showed up. It scanned and more or less said there were no problems with corrupt files. I'm sorry but i really couldn't tell you when my system last worked correctly, not even a rough guess, I have put up with it for so long but i decided today to try and get my system back up to scratch and everything is going haywire. :-( Thanks for trying to help though

LastChip 20:57 25 Apr 03

Can you expand on that please?

Can you remember if this error message showed up after an installation of a new program for example?

woodchip 21:12 25 Apr 03

You could try running Win98 over it's self. But you need to disable Anti Virus first. just put Win98 CD in and run Setup

Rtus 21:18 25 Apr 03

click here may help

Tigerlily 10:02 27 Apr 03

sorry i can't remember when this first went wrong at all, i just know it was last year but a lot of awful things happened at hat time so that it was a bonus that my pc actually worked at all!! As to @haywire@ i couldn't run scandisk or anything but now i have solved that problem so its just this error message now.

Rtus i followed that link but i am no wiser, was it telling me to do something to solve my problem. Sorry for being a thicko

Rtus 12:33 27 Apr 03

My apologies I thought it may have led to more understanding of error message. I do know weve dealt with it before here but cannot find the posting.But thats down to my memory as to the thread title.Microsoft seem to have thinned out their support pages for W98.So not much joy there .And to top it off Im losing Isp every few minutes Making search and posting difficult for me ..However will keep trying .Back later.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…