Error message

isititis 01:38 06 Apr 09

My pc is Win XP Home SP3. I have had issues now for about 2 weeks all told and several attempts by BT Support in India to resolve the issue of sending emails with attachments has failed. I could send and receive text ok, but when it came to sending, say, a family pic...no way. The error message that went something like >your server unexpectedly terminated the connection. Causes include server problems, long periods of inactivity server pop3 mail.btinternet.com account mail.btinternet.com error number 0x800CCC0F (without the arrow heads) kept appearing no matter what I tried, which included turning off the mail checker in my antivirus and firewall.
However, as a last ditch effort to resolve the issue myself, I deleted all emails in the inbox, outbox, sent items and the few that were in the deleted items folder. I then sent a downloaded Youtube video which has not come back, so it's reasonable to say it has reached its destination.
I hope that the info as to how I resolved the sending of my attachments can be of use to someone
who is put in the same position by the failure of BT (the experts) to resolve, or even offer some kind of reason as to why this should happen.

birdface 08:30 06 Apr 09

Have a look see if anything helps.

click here

birdface 08:34 06 Apr 09

Oops you have already solved it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now