Error message

graham12 20:52 11 Mar 06

Can anybody please help as my computer keeps closing down for no reason and once I have managed to reload again I am getting this message

C:\DOCUME~1\MAINUS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe865.dir00\Mini031106-05.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\MAINUS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe865.dir00\sysdata.xml

Also I also have another error message for AVGCC.EXE this application has failed to start because MFC71.DLL was not found your help is greatly needed

woodchip 21:24 11 Mar 06

Why not remove AVG and load Free Avast I am sure you will find it a lot better AV click here

vitrocmax 02:32 12 Mar 06

the .dmp file is created when a crash occurs, and it's the file that gets sent to Microsoft when Windows Error Reporting kicks in, if you let it.

I began suffering random reboots,and suspected the power supply, but when I sent an error report to Microsoft they identified some sound driver update which was required. It seemed strange but I followed the link they provided and the fault never came back.

As for the AVG issue, I run AVG and the mfc71.dll file is in the AVG folder. It's about 1MB and there's a copy also in my Nero folder. If yours is missing it might be worth trying to reinstall, or if you have Nero (I use V6.0)look for the file in there and copy it to your AVG folder and see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…