Error Message

Trickyhicky` 11:57 30 Aug 04

I comitted the cardinal sin the other day and re installed XP. Oh how I wish I hadn't.

When I bought the system I was able to load all my previous software including MS Publisher 98 all of which I had had on the previous system (ME).

Now since the Re install (excuse me while I spit out the bad taste) XP won't allow me to load it on throwing up the following Error Message
"C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.NT The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose "Close" to Terminate the Application"

How can I get around this problem before I jump of the roof and do myself a mischief as a punishment.
Tricky

spanneress 13:10 30 Aug 04

Sounds to me like the software is expecting to run on a 16 bit platform and XP is 32 bit. Before you pull your hair out, rather than buy the updated software, try installing win 98 on a partition, you will then get the option to boot into either XP or 98 and you can put the software on the new partition....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…