Error message.

The Dazza 18:50 19 Aug 04

I've just upgraded my Operating system from Windows 98 to Windows 2000. I keep getting the message "The system process c:\windows\system32\isass.exe" then "status code 128" and then shuts down. Also can't use outlook. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

I believe it is a trojan. Press start>searh> files and folders type in Isass.exe then once found delete then reboot. I hope this is right.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:23 19 Aug 04

Virus and spyware writers are getting more cunning. They are now disguising their viruses to look or sound like Windows system files.
Isass.exe lsass.exe The first starts with the letter capital i (I) and second starts with the letter lowercase l (L). The one starting with i (isass.exe) is a virus/Trojan but Windows users may easily mistake it for the very important security process, lsass.exe (starts with a lowercase L, as in lucky).

Bitdefender click here

The Dazza 23:02 19 Aug 04

I searched for Isass.exe but I didn't find it. I even did a search in System32 as well as the whole hard disk and still no joy. Bitdefender didn't list this in removal tool either.

Dan the Confused 23:51 19 Aug 04

Click START>RUN and type shutdown -a (press enter) to stop your system from restarting if you need to.

Install MS patch KB835732 click here

Run MS removal tool click here

The Dazza 10:06 20 Aug 04

I did a google search after my last post and found a soloution simular to what Dan the Confused has suggested, this seems to have worked. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…