ERROR MESSAGE

Helino 16:31 21 Mar 04

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE APPEARS WHEN I SWITCH ON MY COMPUTER CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IT IS & HOW TO CURE IT??.
MESSAGE READS:- RPCSS ERROR IN YPCLSP.DLL.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED

georgemac 16:45 21 Mar 04

have done a goole search and YPCLSP.DLL seems to be part of yahoo parental controls - do you have this installed?

the rpcss error seems to be security related

I would take a stab that you either have been infected by spyware of perhaps possibly a virus.

please post details of your operating system (xp?) and whether you run anti virus software, if it is up to date, whether you run a firewall, and whether you have any spyware scanning or blocking software.

TTP 16:50 21 Mar 04

Thats funny because i did a google search and came up with this click here which looks almost as likely !!

georgemac 17:09 21 Mar 04

interesting, I did also see some threads about java virtual machine errors, but also at the bottom of the thread you found it mentions the yahoo parental controls, but the thread seems to indicate no virus, which is good news.

I do not know much about java, except it is used by internet explorer and web builders a lot. I have installed Sun Softwares Java updates for xp on my computer and updates for java virtual machine from windows update click here and click on free download - it should scan your system - tell you what jav updates are available from Sun and allow you to download & install them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…