error message

MERKY 21:05 01 Oct 03

Dell pentium 2 ,266,64meg sdram,error message on bootup,WARNING ONE OR MORE OF YOUR DIMMS ARA OUT OF REV. what does it mean i have tried another 64meg sdram. The computer works fine & does not crsh or lock up ?

Kitz E Kat 21:21 01 Oct 03

Have you removed the first 64 meg and tried the second 64 on its own? Did you get the same message?

Did you make sure the module is fully seated?

Yours
Kitz E Kat

MERKY 19:42 02 Oct 03

i can put one or the other 64meg in & get the same message in any one of the 3 slots.I have tried a single 128meg sdram from a friends computer & message does not appear ?

wiznyme 20:22 02 Oct 03

Are these the original DIMM's you got with the system, normally it means that one of the sticks isn't the correct spec for the motherboard or has failed.

Assuming they are the original and if both are causing this, then it could be that both are faulty or a problem with the motherboard, however I would check the Dell site to see if theres a BIOS update available for your system and try this first.

MERKY 23:42 03 Oct 03

i was given the computer with no memory & put the 2 64meg sdram from a upgrade i did on my old machine which it worked fine in.

wiznyme 17:16 04 Oct 03

Check Dell or Crucials websites to find the correct spec of RAM for your new system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5